Letter from the President
This past year has flown by! Our youngest child has now graduated from college and is off to Houston, TX for her Masters Degree. Our middle child graduated last year and has started her human resources career; and our oldest is one year away from her Phd in Genetics at the University of MN. Wow, that was a marathon! My wife Cherie and I are now empty nesters and are embracing this newfound freedom. We have discovered there is life after kids and we are finding new ways to stay busy. It also means we can put even greater focus on our business and the business of the MinneapolisMART.
Speaking of busy – the buying season is upon us and the MinneapolisMART continues to strive to be your favorite place to shop! In 2018 and into early 2019 we have laid the foundation for our future as your local MART. We are pleased and excited to announce that this hard work has paid off. Since my last letter to you, many exciting changes have taken place:
- The MART has secured a new extended lease keeping us in this wonderful place for years to come. We are designing creative and exciting ways to make the MART easy to shop, and full of NEW vendors, NEW product lines, and NEW reps.
- The MART has hired a NEW caterer that we are sure you are going to love.
- High quality offerings.
- Healthy alternatives.
- Ever-changing selections.
- On location custom sandwiches.
- Free continental breakfast for our valued buyers
- Ever changing menu
- The MART has joined forces with a Social Media Contractor. Through social media she will keep you updated on the latest and greatest events and changes at the MART. Be sure to watch Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for regular updates. Also be sure to visit mplsmart.com for all things MinneapolisMART.
- And don’t forget the PARTY!!! We will be throwing a huge THANK YOU PARTY during the August Show for YOU, for our manufacturers, for our reps, and of course for our beloved staff. Watch for details and please plan to attend.
We at the MART are excited for you to experience all of the changes that have taken place around here and cannot wait to see you at one of our upcoming shows or events.
UMAGA Board of Directors – President